Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wedding Card

This design is one of my favourites; it's so simple to make but looks so beautiful and elegant!  I try to match the couple's wedding colours as best as I can for a customized look.  I've made a few of these in the last couple of years and they're always a hit with the bride and groom!


This particular card is for Steve's cousin, who is getting married in May.  Her invitation was eggplant and vanilla, so that was mirrored in the design.   The cake is super easy to make; just three rectangles, round the top corners, and emboss with your favourite embossing folder.  Layer with pop dots (the bottom layer is the highest) and tuck each layer under the one below it.  Couldn't be easier! 

I also stamped the inside of this card; I almost never put anything on the inside of my cards, but I just love this sentiment and really wanted to use it.  The ink is eggplant as well. 


Most supplies are from Stampin' Up:  Very Vanilla cardstock, stamped sentiment, ticket punch (inside corners) and felt flowers.  The purple cardstock is from Bazzil, the pearls are from Recollections, the corner rounder (on the cake) is from Marvy Uchida and the embossing folder is from Cuttlebug.  


No comments:

Post a Comment