Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas 2011

I was quite content to occupy myself in my craft room tonight while my husband had some daddy/son bonding time - he hogs the baby on the weekends since I get to spend the week with him.  :)

I downloaded A Charlie Brown Christmas by the Vince Gauraldi Trio and played it on repeat while I wrapped presents and made a few gift tags.  That's my version of Christmas Bliss!

First of all, I want to share a How The Grinch Stole Christmas rag quilt I've made for my son for his first christmas; I've made a rag quilt for each of the babies in our extended families since my husband and I got married, so I had to make one for James, as well!  I'm really, really happy with how this turned out and I hope it's really special to him as he grows up.


I made a snowman gift tag for one of my mom's gifts; I saw this idea on Pinterest and absolutely LOVED it.  The originals are from Mari Designs on Etsy.  I modified them slightly by adding the top hat and using punched circles for the lumps of coal. 



I did a few really simple tags like this one; they're nice and easy but still quite pretty.


Lastly, I had to use my new Holiday Stocking die cut!  We're doing charitable donations in lieu of gifts for my brother and sister-in-law.  Since they're big cat lovers (and have three adopted cats of their own!) we decided a donation to the MEOW Foundation would be appropriate.  Instead of just a note in a card, I made a card to tuck inside of a stocking, and gave the stocking a cat-print trim.  Too cute, if I do say so myself!




Supplies as follows:

Rag quilt:  All fabric from Robert Kaufman.

Snowman tags:  White glossy paper from Canon (glossy photo paper); black and orange cardstock from Bazzil; Tangerine Tango ink by Stampin' Up; embossing folder from Cuttlebug; felt and snowflake button from craft supply. 

Basic Tag:  Tag die cut from Sizzix; cardboard from the recycling bin; ribbon from Stampin' Up; holly berry stamp from "Holiday Bingo Bits" by Stampin' Up; Garden Green ink from Stampin' Up; red marker and white opaque pen from American Crafts; Momento black ink; letters from Sweet Shoppe Alphabet by Stampin' Up.

Stocking:  Holiday Stocking die from Sizzix for Stampin' Up; cardstock (brown and ivory) from Bazzil; cat print paper from Max & Whiskers collection by Basic Grey; grosgrain ribbon from craft supply. 


Merry Christmas!

1 comment: