Friday, December 25, 2009

Miscellaneous Cards

I gave each set of my parents a set of boxed cards as part of their Christmas gift. My mom, in particular, is always asking me to make cards for her to give to people so I thought this year, I'd make her a boxed set of her own. There was a nice variety of occasional cards and a few blank notecards in each one.

These are a few of my favourites.



This wedding card is one of my favourites; I think I've made about four different versions of this that are all very similar.  I love the combination of red, white, and black as well as the simple design.  The papers here are by Heidi Grace (polka dot) and Pebbles Inc. (wedding paper.)  The cardstock is from Bazzil.  The "Congratulations" stamp is from Stampin' Up.  I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure the sentiment would be straight.  All in all, a very simple card to make.




This is another one of my favourites, but I apologize for the quality of the picture.  I was using my husband's camera and the flash is kind of overpowering.  I love this stamp set from the Kim Hughes Collection by Cornish Heritage Farms.  The cardstock is from Bazzil and the patterned paper is from one of those value-packs from Costco.  The dark blue cardstock was embossed with the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  The ribbon is from craft supply.




I love this one, too.  I really hesitated to give this card away!  The design was heavily inspired by a card from Debbie Olson on the Cosmo Cricket gallery.  The paper is from Cosmo Cricket (from The Boyfriend collection. The cardstock is from Bazzil, the buttons are from my sewing kit, and the clip is from Making Memories.  The edge punch is Fiskars and the corner rounder is Marvy Uchida.  This card makes me feel happy all over!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment