Sunday, February 21, 2010

Button Bits

Last week, I was able to get my hands on Everyday Button Bits from Papertrey Ink via a kind soul on SCS.  The Papertrey website was sold out, not to mention that shipping to Canada was $19.60 (on a $27 set!)

I had a chance to play with it this weekend and I'm quite pleased with it... the button cards are super cute and it's a good way to use up some of my stash. What sewer doesn't have a stash of random, mismatched buttons?


This first card is the large chickadee from the set. Super cute, eh? The cardstock (blue and yellow) is Bazzil and (white) Recollections; patterned paper from American Crafts' Craft Fair collection; button from Elan; ink from Stampin' Up; ribbon leftover from cupcake packaging; stamps from Papertrey Ink.



This one was made for CS268 on Splitcoaststampers.com. I loved the simple, clean lines of the sketch. My intention was to make a monkey card but I deviated from that and I'm glad I did; the reverse of all these papers is monkeys and bananas! I think it turned out nicely and is fairly gender neutral.  Cardstock from Stampin' Up; patterned paper from Recollections; ink from Stampin' Up; buttons from Elan and craft supply; stamps from Papertrey Ink. 

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment